LocationGrand Wailea Maui
January 7-10, 2013 (Monday-Thursday)
Agile and Lean Organizations Mini-TrackAgile and lean approaches promote iterative product releases and pull risk-reduction earlier in product development. Characteristics include: cross-functional teams, rapid outcome testing (such as automated testing in software), continuous quality monitoring and deployment, pairing (for software, pair-programming), bias-avoiding estimation, process improvement and short feedback loops. Advocates claim agile development produces greater staff resiliency, better release forecasting, fewer product failures and more sustainable work pace.
Lean product management methods test market hypotheses and rapidly adapt to discoveries. Characteristics include: set-based design, A-B testing, unmoderated user-experience testing, direct market experimentation, customer validation and pivoting. Advocates claim lean product management produces greater market satisfaction, deeper customer engagement, earlier discovery of hidden market opportunities, higher revenues and more efficient resource utilization.
Advocates believe that sustainably agile/lean organizations must demand technical excellence everywhere (not just in software), promote individual and organizational change, organize knowledge, train employees in agile and lean philosophies, and optimize the whole value chain from concept to cash.
We seek research papers and experience reports that describe how agile development and lean product management affect organizational systems and outcomes. How do agile development and lean product management interact? How do organizations restructure to support these philosophies? When they do not restructure, what happens? How do markets respond to rapid iterations and end-user experimentation?
HICSS conferences are devoted to the most relevant advances in the information, computer, and system sciences, and encompass developments in both theory and practice. Accepted papers may be theoretical, conceptual, tutorial or descriptive in nature. Those selected for presentation will be included in the Conference Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society and maintained in the IEEE Digital Library.
How to Submit a PaperFollow Author Instructions posted on the conference web site: http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_46/apahome46.htm.
- Select the correct track: “Agile and Lean Organizations” or “Agile/Lean Startup Organizations”
- HICSS papers must contain original material. They may not have been previously published, nor currently submitted elsewhere. All submissions undergo a double-blind peer review process.
- Abstracts are optional, but strongly recommended. You may contact the Minitrack Chair(s) for guidance or verification of content.
- Submit a paper to only one Minitrack. If a paper is submitted to more than one minitrack, then either paper may be rejected by either minitrack without consultation with author or other chairs. If you are not sure of the appropriate Minitrack, submit an abstract to the Track Chair(s) – see names and contact information below. for determination, and/or seek informal opinion(s) of Minitrack Chair(s) before submitting.
- Do not author or co-author more than 5 papers. This means that an individual may be listed as author or co-author on no more than 5 submitted papers. Track Chairs must approve any names added after submission or acceptance on August 15.
Important 2012 Deadlines for Authors
|June 15||Submit full manuscripts for review as instructed. The review is double-blind; therefore, this initial submission must be without author names.|
|Aug 15||Review System emails Acceptance Notices to authors. It is very important that at least one author of each accepted paper attend the conference. Therefore, all travel guarantees – including visa or your organization’s fiscal funding procedures – should begin immediately. Make sure your server accepts the review system address https://precisionconference.com/~hicss.|
|Sept 15||SUBMIT FINAL PAPER. Add author names to your paper, and submit your Final Paper for Publication to the site provided in your Acceptance Notice. (This URL is not public knowledge.)|
|Oct 1||Early Registration fee deadline. At least one author of each paper should register by this date in order secure publication in the Proceedings. Fees will increase on Oct 2 and Dec 2.|
|Oct 15||Papers without at least one paid-in-full registered author may be deleted from the Proceedings and not scheduled for presentation; authors will be so notified by the Conference Office.|
HICSS-46 TRACK CHAIRSSoftware Technology
Gul Agha email@example.com
Rick Kazman firstname.lastname@example.org
Agile and Lean minitrack co-chairsGabrielle Benefield
Evolve Beyond Limited
Dan R. Greening
Evolve Beyond LLC