Agile Manifesto Translation - program report
Henrik Kniberg - Agile Alliance Board
Current status:- Program has been public for 6 months
- 13 languages published
- 19 languages in progress, 9 of these are in review state
- $0 consumed so far
The Good:- Steady stream of new translation offers coming in
- Joint translation efforts are building bridges between people
- New agile communities are being ignited. For example Telugu in India with over 70M speakers.
- Estimate 35-40 languages published by Agile2011.
The Less Good:
- We have sometimes not been very responsive to new translation offers. We are caught up now though, hoping (naively perhaps) to stay on top in the future.
- Some of the ongoing translations have run out of steam. Actively reigniting these now.
The Future - plans & ideas:
- Planning to create a colorful collage with faces of translators & examples of translations.
- Since Agile2011 is the 10 year anniversary of the manifesto creation we should definitely highlight the agile internationalization at the opening of the conference (as Ward recommended for this year). For example:
- Show the collage on a slide while talking about how the manifesto is reaching into each culture
- When we acknowledge the authors of the manifesto (which I hope is going to happen at some point), we also acknowledge the translators and have them stand up to get applauded.
- Have a standing "expo" somewhere in the conference, showing all translations & the translator faces collage. Something like the one I created at Agile2010, but prettier - i.e. spend a few $ on the design this time :o)